I loved summer as a kid. No school, playing with friends, swimming, and watching TV. I loved watching the Price Is Right and re-runs of Gilligan's Island, Bewitched, and I Dream of Jeanie. We lived in California for many of my younger years and I remember going to the coast pretty often. I loved my childhood, and I seriously don't ever remember being bored. Now that I'm the mother, summer's not so easy. It has been over 115 degrees now for over a week, and it's too hot to do anything outside, even swim. The kids have been sleeping in till 7:00. (Don't laugh, for them this is late.) I took these pictures about 6:30, and the smirk you see on Porter's face is because I caught him waking up and asked him to close his eyes. (He's such a good sport) We have been spending our time playing games and watching re-runs of the Brady Bunch. Of course that is after we clean up the house and get all the laundry done. (The kids are amazed how it needs to be done every day, again and again.) We have done our crafty projects and the library has supplied them with plenty of books to read. Maybe all this is enough, they never tell me they're bored. I just feel they are missing out on summer because it's so HOT. Oh, what do you do in the summertime? I guess it's just all about time together, but if anyone has some ideas I would love it!
"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family." -President Thomas S. Monson-
"We can’t predict all the struggles and storms in life, not even the ones just around the next corner, but as persons of faith and hope, we know beyond the shadow of any doubt that the gospel of Jesus Christ is true and the best is yet to come." - L. Tom Perry
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Oh, What Do You Do In The Summertime?
I loved summer as a kid. No school, playing with friends, swimming, and watching TV. I loved watching the Price Is Right and re-runs of Gilligan's Island, Bewitched, and I Dream of Jeanie. We lived in California for many of my younger years and I remember going to the coast pretty often. I loved my childhood, and I seriously don't ever remember being bored. Now that I'm the mother, summer's not so easy. It has been over 115 degrees now for over a week, and it's too hot to do anything outside, even swim. The kids have been sleeping in till 7:00. (Don't laugh, for them this is late.) I took these pictures about 6:30, and the smirk you see on Porter's face is because I caught him waking up and asked him to close his eyes. (He's such a good sport) We have been spending our time playing games and watching re-runs of the Brady Bunch. Of course that is after we clean up the house and get all the laundry done. (The kids are amazed how it needs to be done every day, again and again.) We have done our crafty projects and the library has supplied them with plenty of books to read. Maybe all this is enough, they never tell me they're bored. I just feel they are missing out on summer because it's so HOT. Oh, what do you do in the summertime? I guess it's just all about time together, but if anyone has some ideas I would love it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow you are doing better than us. We stay home and play with toys and watch t.v. and the boys ride their bikes around the house or yard. Doesn't sound like much compared to what you are all doing. My kids loved the slip and slide until it got a tear in it.
Post a Comment