"We can’t predict all the struggles and storms in life, not even the ones just around the next corner, but as persons of faith and hope, we know beyond the shadow of any doubt that the gospel of Jesus Christ is true and the best is yet to come." - L. Tom Perry

Thursday, July 10, 2008

It's Addictive

OK, I am now officially one of those weird genealogy people. I just can't help it. It is taking all my spare time and then some. But nothing beats the feelings you get when you find evidence that your ancestors really did live, and that they had families, and lived life - just like I do every day. They had challenges, one's similar to mine and ones that I would never want to deal with. I found this picture and I believe it's my family. I'm searching to make all the connections concrete, but they are real to me, not just names anymore. The picture below that is a picture of William Robert Beloat with two of his sons. They lived here in Arizona settled in Liberty. They are part of Phils genealogy. Genealogy is so much fun!

3 comments:

Chris Robinson said...

That is so awesome. I don't know the first thing about geneology. I visit teach a lady that also loves it and she also councils others with it. So when I get serious about it I would love to talk to you and her about it. It really personalizes it when you find pictures. Congrats! Who are the people in the photo?

Phil and Kierstin said...

The Hawkins Family. I have a loose connection right now how they could be related through my dad's grandmother, Roxie. I believe Roxie's grandparents (top/center) and great grandparents (center) are in this picture. They would be my great, great, great grandparents. Right now I don't have much info to go on, but I think there is a connection.

Cheryl Robinson said...

That is so cool that you found that picture. Rick was really intrigued and we both want to hear more about it if you find out, I mean when you find out!!!! Love you guys
Cheryl