"We can’t predict all the struggles and storms in life, not even the ones just around the next corner, but as persons of faith and hope, we know beyond the shadow of any doubt that the gospel of Jesus Christ is true and the best is yet to come." - L. Tom Perry

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Diet Soda Cake?


Phil wanted me to see if I could find a recipe on line for a cake he could make a lady at work for her birthday who is strictly following the Weight Watchers program. I found this recipe for diet soda cake (but I used it to make cupcakes). Each cupcake is only 2 points, if you're doing weight watchers. And if not, like me, you can just enjoy a really easy to make cake, that has no added fat, and taste pretty good. The recipe is simple: One box of any kind of cake mix, and one can any kind of diet soda. Mix together, and bake according to the instructions on the box. That simple. I made these using a devils food cake mix with 50% sugar (due to splenda) and a can of diet 7-up. They do have a little lemon zing to them, but you can use any flavor soda you want. I'll be doing this again.

7 comments:

Idaho Penningtons said...

Wow! I will try that!

Phil and Kierstin said...

mom that is very cool some time could I help you make cupcakes I think it would be fun it could be like a mom and daughter date.
love Meagan

Anonymous said...

Hi, I found you through the Meier's blog. Can I add you to my list? The recipe looks fun. I will have to give it a try. Come by and visit us at web.me.com/z7greens

Liz said...

Kierstin,
I found your blog through the Mann's (I hope you don't mind). I loved reading about your anniversary and I think your family is wonderful, You and Phil are a great example to both Ben and I.
I noticed your children have their own blogs and that is so neat for them to share with thier cousins and also as a personal journal.

I'm not sure if you are aware of this website but if you are interested it will let you print all your blog entries into a bound book for you to keep forever.

Go to www.blurb.com and download the Booksmart program (its FREE!) You can add more, delete the ones you don't want, add more photos, edit your entries, change fonts, add colors and ALL sorts of other cool stuff.
It kind of takes journaling to whole new level and gives me more incentive to keep my blog up to date.

Alright, I'm becoming a blog hog but feel free to add our family to your list www.thewhitehorns.blogspot.com
and our San Tan Diva's blog at
www.santanranch.blogspot.com

Katrina said...

Kierstin,

I love your blog!! You always have the best ideas for yummy treats too! Congratulations on your 14th anniversary - you and Phil are so awesome!

Tina ♥ said...

Hi Kierstin,
I too just found your blog. Happy late anniversary! Cute blog! That looks like a yummy treat. Do you mind if I add your blog to my list? Come check out mine, too. www.thehansens2007.blogspot.com

nancy said...

I had no idea you blog! Can't wait to see what your family is up to. The cupcake recipe looks delicious, I'll have to try is sometime!