Friday night was our ward father and son campout. In the past Phil and the boys have gone, but it has been the same story each time. -Phil gets home from work late, they head up to the camping place, late and in the dark. They finally get there, only after having a hard time finding it in the dark. They set up camp quietly as everyone is already getting ready for bed. They have a rough nights sleep only to wake up and pack it all up to get back in time for some activity that Saturday. To break tradition
this year, knowing before hand that there was no way for Phil to get home early from work, they didn't go. They decided it would be better to spend some time with each other staying up late watching movies and spend Saturday morning going on a hike. This is what they did, and they all had a great time. They went to a place called the Lost Dutchman State Park. They were all tired and sunburned when they came home, proof of a good time.I, on the other hand, stayed home with Heidi and cleaned the house, not such a bonding experience. :)
5 comments:
So much to pack for one night's stay too! Jeff & the boys didn't even take any pictures for me this year. (they couldn't find the camera) The pictures from the hike look great!
Hi Kierstin! I was blog hopping and noticed your blog! I didn't know you had one. It was fun looking in on you and your family. Glad the boys had fun bonding!
I'm glad you guys still enjoyed the bonding time which is the whole point of the trip. It's hard for our men to accomadate things like this because of work. Way to go.
Hey there Kierstin, So happy I found your blog! You have such a great family. Glad to hear your boys had a great time hiking. Take care, Kfisti
That is so great that they went out and were able to have a better time with something they came up with. I am so glad that your family is doing so well. So what are they chances of seeing you for Thanksgiving? We would love to see you, it has been way too long!
Post a Comment