Phil got a yogurt maker for Christmas and this is a picture of our third batch. (Second batch didn't turn out because I forgot to turn it on.) Phil loves yogurt, and this puts him in charge of what goes in it. Basically it's "scientific equipment", with the added benefit of fresh homemade yogurt. He will be having fun experimenting with what live active cultures he can get to grow, the rest of us will just enjoy the finished product. I have to say, it tastes really good - the kids love it, and it's good for you. Just milk and a few tablespoons plain yogurt, and 10 hours later, yogurt. Mix in what you want; sugar, vanilla, fruit, extracts, whatever sounds good. My kids love pina-colada (pineapple topping and coconut extract).The kids got Wii for Christmas and they love it. I found out how out of shape I am, the next morning my muscules were so sore. It's amazing how much it gets you moving. It's fun to see them play, even Heidi is getting used to it.
It was a fun Christmas, yet peaceful and quiet - the best part was just hanging out all day as a family!
6 comments:
Wii - we love it! It really is good exercise! Watch out about throwing your shoulder out with the Home run derby!!! Ask me how I know? hahahaha
You are such a cool family. I can totally see Phil loving something like a yogurt maker. We will have to try it sometime.
I have never seen a yogurt maker before - how cool! Sounds like you had a great Christmas! Have a very Happy New Year!!
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm It was delicious!
Thanks! I love you guys!
So, does it make frozen yogurt or regular yogurt texture? That's a really great gift idea Kierstin. Santa brought us a Wii too and my kids work up a sweat playing it. It's awesome that they can't sit down. I want to get the Wii Fit someday. Sounds like you had a very Merry Christmas. Take care, Christine
It makes regular yogurt, but Phil wants to now use our ice-cream/frozen yogurt maker and make frozen yogurt. I'll let you know how that goes.
Post a Comment