"We can’t predict all the struggles and storms in life, not even the ones just around the next corner, but as persons of faith and hope, we know beyond the shadow of any doubt that the gospel of Jesus Christ is true and the best is yet to come." - L. Tom Perry

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

It's been too long

I'm way past due for a new post. The kids are out of school and this is our first week of summer vacation. Getting through that last month of school was rough, but we can all just relax now, right? This week I've already had to deal with computer and Internet issues, taking way more time than I even thought I had to give it. We've done a little bit of babysitting, car washing, house cleaning, and movie watching. Typical summer stuff. We've taken our runs to Circle K to get cold fountain drinks, and a trip to the Library. The boys got to go do baptisms at the temple today with a friend of mine and her kids, while the girls and I did our nails. I love to stay busy, but it makes the time go by way to fast. The kids go back to school the 5th of August, and I know it will be here sooner than I am willing to believe. Heidi joins the kids this year as she will be starting Kindergarten. She is excited, and I am wanting this summer to last forever. I'm at a point in my life where I just love the way things are. I'm grateful for all the tender mercies that my family and I are blessed with every day.

2 comments:

President & Sister Pennington said...

Sounds like a fun summer! Last one in kindergarten! You will LOVE it! I love my kids when they are home but I love when they are in school - absolutely NO interruptions! You actually get stuff done!!!

Liz said...

I'm wanting this summer to last forever too. I love having all the kids home, uninterrupted play time.