"We can’t predict all the struggles and storms in life, not even the ones just around the next corner, but as persons of faith and hope, we know beyond the shadow of any doubt that the gospel of Jesus Christ is true and the best is yet to come." - L. Tom Perry

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Angels

Last night as I was tucking my girls in bed, Heidi told me she was scared. She was scared of dinosaurs, dragons, and ghosts. She was really upset and didn't want to go to sleep because she thought she would dream about them or that something bad might happen. I tried to calm her down and get her thinking of happy things, but she continued to be upset. Then the thought came: tell her that she doesn't need to worry because Heavenly Father sends His angels down to watch over His children. This sparked her attention. She immediately was calm. After a moment of silent contemplation on her part, my sweet little daughter said, "mom, I think I feel like crying". She closed her eyes and went right to sleep. It was such a sweet moment that I thought I would share it.

3 comments:

Christine said...

Kierstin, this is such a sweet post. She is a little angel. I got a bit choked up. Glad you shared! Hope all is well with you and the fam.

Christine

Katrina said...

She Is such a sweet girl. Glad you wrote that down - one of those special moments we sometimes forget.

Kristen said...

What a good mom you are. Korynn had the same exact problem 3 nights ago, and I just gave her a squirt bottle with anti-monster spray to spray around her room! She sprays it in the hall and in her room now EVERY night! Maybe I should try the angel thing!