"We can’t predict all the struggles and storms in life, not even the ones just around the next corner, but as persons of faith and hope, we know beyond the shadow of any doubt that the gospel of Jesus Christ is true and the best is yet to come." - L. Tom Perry

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Lovin Summer

Yesterday was so nice. Phil was home, the kids were home, and things just went slow. The kids spend some time with their aunt Jera and went swimming. Phil and I worked around the house a little. In the evening we had a BBQ. We bought a small above ground pool, and totally surprised the kids when they came home from Jera's. I can tell, this will be a great summer. Meagan is off with her friends today, she has more of a social life than anyone else in the family. Heidi is doing great at swimming, we bought her a ducky life jacket that has arm floaties. When she's not swimming she's flapping her arms and saying "quack, quack". She wears her swimsuit all day. Porter, who normally wakes up before I do, at 5:00am, slept in till about 7:00am. The kids have been "camping out" in the family room ever since Friday (their last day of school). And today, the boys, who are always reading something, are on the couch watching a bit of TV. Yeap, it's summer. And our major goal is to stay cool and not go crazy.
And by the way, when it comes to taking pictures, I know I have been a bit of a looser. Photographically challenged, some would say. Well, I do have a camera, and now, I even have batteries. So, you should be "seeing" much more of my family this summer. This whole blog thing, it really makes me feel like a real Mom! :)

3 comments:

Idaho Penningtons said...

No fair - we still have 2 weeks left of school!!!

P D Pennington said...

hey it was 8:00 not 7:00

publisher said...

Haha - Is that what is takes to feel like a real Mom? :-)
I guess it's all about te little things... hibachi's and such :-) haha