d upon several cemeteries and was able to gather quite a bit of information including numerous family names. Just being back there in the area helped him make some connections that will help his further research. He said it was so beautiful back there, I really wish I could have gone with him. We missed him around here, and it is so good to have him back.
"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family." -President Thomas S. Monson-
"We can’t predict all the struggles and storms in life, not even the ones just around the next corner, but as persons of faith and hope, we know beyond the shadow of any doubt that the gospel of Jesus Christ is true and the best is yet to come." - L. Tom Perry
Friday, October 17, 2008
Welcome Home Phil
Phil just got back from a trip to Maryland. He completed some training for work then spent a few extra days doing some genealogy. This training for work will allow his department to utilize a new piece of equipment which will increase their productivity. But the best part of the trip for him was the chance to do some family history. He has been researching his family history in the Maryland area and has been wanting to go back there for quite a while. He's known that this trip was a possibility for about a couple of years and was so excited to get the chance. It was a blessing. He stumble
d upon several cemeteries and was able to gather quite a bit of information including numerous family names. Just being back there in the area helped him make some connections that will help his further research. He said it was so beautiful back there, I really wish I could have gone with him. We missed him around here, and it is so good to have him back.
d upon several cemeteries and was able to gather quite a bit of information including numerous family names. Just being back there in the area helped him make some connections that will help his further research. He said it was so beautiful back there, I really wish I could have gone with him. We missed him around here, and it is so good to have him back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Wow! So glad he was able to accomplish so much! I can imagine how beautiful it was with all the fall colors! What a great time of year!
How exciting! Let us know what you got!! steve will be very excited! glad he is home safe and sound!
That is so awesome! Is this picture of one of the cemeteries there? It looks so cool!
that is really neat he was able to find so much. What part of Maryland did he go to? Ben lived in Gaithersburg for awhile. Marlyand is simple gorgeous, especially with all the fall colors right now for sure.
For his training he was in Gaithersburg, then he went up to Aberdeen and Havre de Grace for the family history part.
And yes that is a picture of an old church and cemetery. The grave stones there in front are Penningtons. Phil said the church is still in operation.
What a neat experience. I am glad he was able to have some time out of work. This time of year is beautiful there. I was born in Maryland. Very cool.
Post a Comment