"By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another." I am amazed by the kindness and love shown to my family from others. We have so very much to be grateful for. This morning there was a package at my door with this beautiful nativity set. In my previous post I mentioned (just in an answer to a simple question) that I did not have, but wanted a nativity set. Upon opening the package, Phil laughed and immediately said that he wanted to start monitoring my posts. :) We wish to thank whoever is responsible for this thoughtful gift. My kids set it up this morning, wanting to show Heidi when she woke up. Heidi was thrilled. Funny how a child can recognize Jesus in a nativity set or in a picture on the wall - they just know, without even being told. This Christmas will be extra special, and not just because I now have a beautiful nativity set, but because of what it represents and the thoughtfulness that went behind this secret gift of kindness. Thank you.
"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family." -President Thomas S. Monson-
"We can’t predict all the struggles and storms in life, not even the ones just around the next corner, but as persons of faith and hope, we know beyond the shadow of any doubt that the gospel of Jesus Christ is true and the best is yet to come." - L. Tom Perry
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
A Secret Gift of Kindness
"By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another." I am amazed by the kindness and love shown to my family from others. We have so very much to be grateful for. This morning there was a package at my door with this beautiful nativity set. In my previous post I mentioned (just in an answer to a simple question) that I did not have, but wanted a nativity set. Upon opening the package, Phil laughed and immediately said that he wanted to start monitoring my posts. :) We wish to thank whoever is responsible for this thoughtful gift. My kids set it up this morning, wanting to show Heidi when she woke up. Heidi was thrilled. Funny how a child can recognize Jesus in a nativity set or in a picture on the wall - they just know, without even being told. This Christmas will be extra special, and not just because I now have a beautiful nativity set, but because of what it represents and the thoughtfulness that went behind this secret gift of kindness. Thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
How fun! Your right, there are so many kind people among us that are great examples of kindness. Your family is also a good example to me!
i love nativity it is a beauty.
Your family is just awesome and deserve to have acts of kindness sent your way
I'll have to remember that.
Note to self, ask for a million dollars on the blog.
What a wonderful surprise! Someone was very thoughtful. And children do just know and recognize Jesus. I have had fun watching each of my children "find Jesus" as babies and toddlers, and it always warms my heart. Your Post is beautiful!
I am always amazed by how kids seem to recognize Jesus so quickly too. Of course for a while there Brenlee thought anyone with a full beard was Jesus - even the wizard on the Alltel commercial! But, how sweet to hear the little ones say that they know Jesus loves them - so precious! I agree with Tina - your family is such a great example to everyone & I love reading your posts!
Wow that is so cool Kierstin. I love stories like this. Thanks for sharing.
I just had to say I love your Christmas music! I can't get some of them on project playlist. Good choices!
Post a Comment