"We can’t predict all the struggles and storms in life, not even the ones just around the next corner, but as persons of faith and hope, we know beyond the shadow of any doubt that the gospel of Jesus Christ is true and the best is yet to come." - L. Tom Perry

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Shorty?

You expect your kids to grow up, but when you wake up one morning and realize that your 12 and 13 year olds are both taller than you, it's humbling. I knew Porter was taller than me, I've been looking up to him for a while now. He's pretty gracious about it. But Bryant has been starting to make the claim and this morning made a little funny about how short I was. So I decided that I would take a picture to settle his claim and put a halt to his humor. The picture says it all. Bryant can continue making little funnies. Porter can continue smirking every time the subject comes up, knowing that not only is he taller than me, but he's within dispute with his dad over the matter as well. My little boys are not so little anymore. I am grateful to who they are becoming as they mature. They impress me in many ways, not just their obvious superiority in the height area.

10 comments:

Jackie said...

What do they measure?:) The sad thing is they still continue to grow even after their mission, my hubby just hit 6ft. 4 last time he was measured! Darn those tall boys!

Idaho Penningtons said...

Its hard to be in charge when they tower over you!!!!

Grandma Patt said...

Put a book on their head. They are growing too fast!!!

Katrina said...

Your boys are so tall!! They have grown so much even since you guys moved here!! I love the Heidi story too - so funny!! Thanks for giving Brenlee the frog to hold in Primary today - she actually went to class without a complaint! Who knew that would make her happy?!

publisher said...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha - twerp.

Tina ♥ said...

That's funny. I bet they love getting so tall!!

I think that someday Hunter will be taller than Brad. I can just picture Hunter looking down at his dad.

Chris Robinson said...

Wow! We have got to get all the nephews together. I am amazed each time I see Mike and Rick's kids. They are huge. I can only imagine how tall your boys are.

When are you coming out? I hope we all can get together before Jarom goes on his mission!

Cheryl Robinson said...

I have to say that is one of the favorite things about having older kids. I love the fact that they tower over me. Ki and Jake have to bend way over to give me a hug. I love it. Go Porter, Go Bryant, grow.. grow!! I love having teenagers! Gideon doesn't quite tower over me but he is taller! Have a great Day!

P D Pennington said...

Love You Mom!

Kristi said...

I know how you feel!:)