"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family." -President Thomas S. Monson-
"We can’t predict all the struggles and storms in life, not even the ones just around the next corner, but as persons of faith and hope, we know beyond the shadow of any doubt that the gospel of Jesus Christ is true and the best is yet to come." - L. Tom Perry
Friday, July 4, 2008
4th of July
Pancakes in the morning, with everyone at the table. It doesn't get better than that. Well, Ok it does, but don't laugh. Phil and I spent the first half of the day working on some genealogy, which we never have time to do. We founds some good information, and it was pretty exciting. Then we took a little day trip with the family to where some of his ancestors lived and went to the cemetery. We were able to take pictures of a few graves and show the kids the photos of the people buried there. I think it became real for them. It was hot though!. We were probably at the cemetery only about a 1/2 hour, but we were drenched. We came home and had a BBQ and went swimming. And now, it's just about time for some ice-cream and play some games as a family. Pretty great day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
It sounds like you had a great day and were quite busy. We missed you out here. Your parents came down. We were all able to get together a couple of times. It was fun. Although, it would have been much more fun to see the Pennington's there. So what is the deal with California? Will you be able to make it? I hope so. It has been way too long.
Sounds like a great Day!!! We miss you guys!
Just letting you know... Cheylee has a blog and would love to keep in contact with Meagan. It's at http://mylittlespaceinlife.blogspot.com/
I will let her know, she will love it!
I changed my blog address, because I got a gmail account. It's http://cheylee.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment